Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Training
[1-Day Awareness Training]
Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs) is established as means of instrumentation to bring the process to a safe state. The key objective of the Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Classification is to determine the required reliability of the SIFs based on an assessment of the impacts on the Personnel Health and Safety, Economic and Environmental consequence. The study involves defining the elements forming the SIF, identifying the design intent, identifying the initiating events along with the frequencies, development of the incident scenario if the SIF fails on demand, as well as Independent Protection Layers (IPLs) to safeguard the hazardous scenario.
- Use of SIL Classification methodology as per IEC 61511 and IEC 61508 to determine the SIL requirement for a Safety Instrumented Function (SIF);
- Determining SIL level based on the severity of the consequences to personnel safety, environment pollution and asset damage;
- Determining Independent Protective Layers as additional mitigation measures to reduce the SIL requirement.
- Determining SIL Classification for final element.
Who should attend?
- HSE/Safety Engineer, Process Engineer, Instrumentation Engineer, Operation, Maintenance Engineer.
- Introduction to Safety Integrity
- Objectives of Safety Integrity
- Application of Safety Integrity in Process Industries
- Safety Instrumented Functions (SIF)
- SIL Classification Requirements
- SIL Classification Methodology
- Independent Layer of Protection
- Determining Consequences and Incremental Risk Caused by Failure of SIFs
- Classification of Safety Integrity Level (SIL) using Risk Matrix
- Group Exercise: SIL Classification for SIFs identified from HAZOP
Multiple dates available.
Customisable training also available for your internal staff.
About The Organiser
NRG Engineering is an independent consulting firm that offers worldwide appreciated, customized and efficient training programs to me the needs of both private and public sectors. NRG Engineering has built a reputation as a provider of customised project management and Technical Safety solutions for the oil and gas, mining and infrastructure industries since 2005.